Jesus tells us in His Word (the Bible), that no one will have a life without trouble: “In this world, you will have tribulation. But be of good cheer! I have overcome the world” (John 16:33).
Over the last month, I’ve shared with you some dark times, many struggles and also great victory in Christ as He’s walked with me into newness of life. I’ve shared how Jesus, my LORD has faithfully broken into my life to rescue me with resurrection power, and the tenderness of His healing love. I am forever overwhelmed to remember His ways in my life as Savior, Deliverer, Restorer, Creator of new life, and Provider of all good things. As He has made me new again, He wills to do the same for you. I say Jesus has made me “new again,” meaning: 1st at salvation, then again, through the process of deliverance.
“You See The Depths of My Heart”…
My trust in and dependence on Jesus was born out of complete desperation. I wish I could tell you that I found Him in my holiness, in great love and appreciation for all that He is and all that He has done… but I didn’t. I found Him as my last possible hope, the end of the road, nowhere else to go. Yet, He met me in the desperate cry of my heart. This is one of the MANY reasons I am forever unraveled by His love (great phrase “You unravel me”… from Bethel Music!). In Chris Tomlin’s song, Indescribable, he says “You see the depths of my heart, and You love me the same.” This is pure love, sacrificial love. The kind of love called ‘agape love’ in Greek. This is Romans 5:8 love.
On My Face
On my ‘About’ Page of this blog, I told you about being “at the end of my own strength” and literally on my face, praying on the floor. This happened sometime (soon) after September 1990, when I was born again. I now knew that God was real and that He not only knew me, but He loved me. He died as a demonstration of that love – a perfect sacrifice for the sins of the world. I was forgiven of every sin I ever committed against Him (Jeremiah 33:8). What a miracle! But why was I still filled with fear, anxiety, confusion and feeling like I couldn’t go on? I didn’t know. But I believed, if God had saved me from my sin, He must be powerful enough to save me from my pain.
So, on the floor, I told Jesus that if He was truly all-powerful, that I needed Him to help me again. This time to take my pain. I told Him that I had no strength and no desire to go on. I told Him that I couldn’t ‘live’ this way anymore.
A Future and a Hope
Then He spoke! In my heart, I heard these words: “I have plans for you, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. When you call on Me and come and pray to Me, I will listen to you. You will seek Me and find Me when you seek Me with ALL your heart. I will be found by you, and will bring you back from your captivity.” On that day, I knew not a word of Scripture, except the Lord’s prayer. As I began to search the Scriptures, I found the words that the LORD spoke to my heart, in Jeremiah 29: 11-14. He promised me “a future and a hope” if I would “seek Him with all my heart.”
It wasn’t until I was introduced to a deliverance ministry (Bondage Breakers) at Gateway Church (see my November 3, 2016, post for details) that I started to learn about spiritual healing/deliverance. Understanding and believing that we are promised abundant life (salvation, healing, deliverance) starting at the moment of salvation: (Psalm 103 1-5), (Isaiah 53:5), (2 Peter 2:24). I now had real hope for my future!
Deliver Us From Evil
The healing I’ve received is available to you too. All of God’s promises were purchased with the price of Jesus’ blood. They can be received by any child of God walking in daily confidence, trusting in His faithfulness (Revelation 12: 10-11).
- Saturate myself with the presence of God – watch Christian TV, listen to Christian music (CDs & videos) and radio, read the Bible, speak Bible verses over my life when my thoughts do not line up with the Word of God (2 Corinthians 10:5, Philippians 4:8).
- When I was filled with fear, I would speak 2 Timothy 1:7: For God has NOT given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind. Amen!!!
- I began to believe in the fullness of God (Ephesians 3:19). Jesus as: Savior, Healer, Deliverer, good Shepherd, etc…
- Began to understand the power of words (both good and evil). When Jesus spoke at Creation, the worlds were formed by His command, so that what is seen was not made out of what was visible (Hebrews 11:3).
- Believe that EVERYTHING is possible with God (Luke 18:27).
- As a child of God, you can keep evil from the door of your mind/heart. In the order of James 4: 7-8: Submit yourselves to God. Resist the devil (always ‘in Jesus name’), and he will flee from you. Come near to God and He will come near to you. Wash your hands, you sinners, and purify your hearts, you double-minded.
- Speak words of life as instructed in Proverbs 18:21 – Death and life are in the power of the tongue and of its fruit we eat.
- Trust/believe that every word and promise in the Bible came from God’s loving heart. That He breathed out His will and holy men of God wrote. (ALL Scripture is inspired – God breathed – 2 Timothy 3:16. God’s Word can be trusted every day in every circumstance (Numbers 23:19).
- When/if you start to be tempted to doubt the reliability of God’s Word – Take every thought captive to the obedience of Christ (2 Corinthians 10:5). Speak God’s word out loud so you can hear it. This is very powerful!
- Seek God’s wisdom about any areas in your life that could be part of the problem – bad attitude/complaining, *unforgiveness (bitterness, resentment), laziness, addictions, selfishness, fear, lack of faith, giving up, stubbornness, anger issues, grumbling, etc… *Unforgiveness is at the root of a lot of spiritual darkness and must be dealt with to live in peace.
- Thank the Holy Spirit for leading you into all His truth in ALL the areas of your life where you are struggling (John 16:13).
- Listen for/to the counsel, leading, teaching of the Holy Spirit. My sheep hear My voice…(John 10: 27-28).
- GIGO (garbage in, garbage out) Definition: a concept common to computer science and mathematics: the quality of output is determined by the quality of the input (Galatians 6: 7-8). Be mindful/alert of how you spend your time, and with whom you spend it (1Corinthians 15:33). Also, let your speech always bring glory to God (Colossians 4:6).
- Love God first, seek Him first. Keep your mind, heart, and your will, focused on living for and depending on Him alone (Proverbs 4: 25-27, Isaiah 26:3, Matthew 6:33).
- Patience and perseverance – Be a willing participant as you allow God to be the Potter to mold and reshape you into the image of Jesus of Nazareth (Philippians 1:6).
I Will End Today With Two More Encouraging Words/Promises From Our LORD
- Keep asking, keep seeking, keep knocking. For everyone who asks receives, and he who seeks finds, and to him who knocks it will be opened (Matthew 7: 7-8).
- So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with My righteous right hand (Isaiah 41:10).
May you find fullness of joy in His presence forevermore! Amen. <><